In this Community Q&A call, we talked about:
One mom is looking for information about boosting the immune system.
- Maria: Cut out sugar and dairy. Check vitamin D levels. Use Xlear spray, Biocidin throat spray and saline spray. Fire tonic recipe.
- Beth: Gargle with iodine and salt water.
- Another mom: Garden of Life immune syrup.
- Shandy: Bee Keepers Naturals propolis spray. Herbal teas like Throat Coat tea and nettle leaf tea.
- Info page: Immune Systems Boosters
- Info page: How to Support the Immune System
Another mom’s son likely has PANDAS and is on Jodie Dashore’s protocol. What is the best way to test for food sensitivities?
- Maria: The elimination diet is the gold standard because blood test results can change depending on the state of the gut and what has been eaten recently. BioSET, NAET and other allergy-elimination techniques can also help.
- Beth: IgG blood test helps kids to see the results on paper. You can also muscle test for foods and supplements.
- Shandy: IgG tests test only for proteins but won’t show results for non-protein sensitivities like glutamate, phenols, salicylates, etc.
- Suggested book: Nourishing Hope for Autism by Julie Matthews
- Webinar replay: Nourishing Hope for Autism, ADHD, Asperger’s and Allergies with Julie Matthews
- Webinar replay: Low Phenols and Salicylates for Autism, ADHD and SPD with Julie Matthews
- Success story: Jack: Peanut Allergy
Another mom’s son needs a crown (dental procedure). The dentist recommends a metal or porcelain composite.
- Maria: Metal in the mouth affects the tooth meridians and the organs associated with those meridians. Metal fillings have measurable current and wattage. Work with a holistic dentist. If child gets braces, be sure to have child adjusted structurally by osteopath, chiropractor and/or cranialsacral therapist.
- Beth: Beware of anesthesia, even if just nitrous oxide because it can lower amounts of vitamin B12 if someone has an MTHFR mutation. Steven Yu.
- Shandy: Look for an IAOMT dentist. Douglas Cook for biological dentist and tooth meridians.
- Another mom: calciumtherapy.com toothbrushes
- Info page: Anesthesia and Autism
- Info page: MTHFR Mutation
- Webinar replay: How the Oral Microbiome Affects Whole-Body Health
Another mom is looking for good homeschool programs. Which ones do parents use?
- All About Reading
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Good and the Beautiful for math
- BrightStart Math: Good for visual, tactile and movement
- Michael Thompson for English grammar and composition
A dad wants to know about what to do for remineralization of child’s teeth. How possible is it?
- Shandy: Recommends Steven Lin’s book The Dental Diet. Bee Rescued propolis toothpaste and lip balm. Remineralization can be done up to a certain layer.
- Beth: Cure Tooth Decay: Remineralize Cavities and Repair Your Teeth Naturally with Good Food book.
Another mom is considering what to do next for her child: BrainVive or neurofeedback?
- Listen to your intuition.
- Webinar replay: The Power of a Multi-Sensory Approach (BrainVive)
- Shandy: Be sure to check where you are on our Healing Trail Map.
The information in these live Community Q&A calls and their recordings is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please see our Disclaimer.