Featuring Madiha Saeed MD, Director of Education, and Heather Tallman-Ruhm MD, Medical Director, both of the Documenting Hope Project.
A child has been compulsively clearing his throat. Child is on a gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, organic diet; is homeschooled and gets vitamin D every day. What could be the cause or help?
- Dr. Heather: Is he producing phlegm? It would help to shift the nervous system into not needing to do so.
- Shandy: Were there any major changes preceding onset?
- Beth: It could be PANS/PANDAS or dust mites.
- Mom: Child went to PANS/PANDAS center in New Hampshire but wasn’t tested. No mold.
- Dr. Heather: Is there a time when throat clearing happened less often? No
- Dr. Kortney: Look at sources of mold, biofilms, IntelxxDNA and Lyme.
- Dr. Madiha: Could it be underlying SIBO or silent reflux? Optimize digestion; digestive enzymes might help. Sporiform probiotics can make SIBO worse. Breath test is most accurate for SIBO. Organic Acid Test (OAT) can help, too.
- Mom: Did IntellxxDNA testing, comprehensive digestive stool analysis (CDSA) and blood work.
- Dr. Heather: Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) has a role in biofilms. Take a look at total load.
Is air-duct cleaning helpful?
- Beth: Yes, but be careful about cleaners used.
- Dr. Heather: Air out house afterwards.
What to do for constipation?
- Maria: Healing Handbook: Step-by-Step Guide to Healthier Poop
- Beth: BioRay products
- Dr. Heather: Massage reflex points on feet
- Dr. Madiha: Acupuncture, cupping, cut out all gluten, dairy; add in bone broth
Does SLIT (Sublingual Immunotherapy) work?
- Beth: Results are mixed
- Could also try NAET or BioSET
The information in these calls and recordings is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please see our Disclaimer.