Featuring Madiha Saeed MD, Director of Education, and Heather Tallman-Ruhm MD, Medical Director, both of the Documenting Hope Project.
Here’s what was talked about:
Child has eaten a clean diet since 15 months of age, but he is really hyper, especially in the evening. What could it be?
- Disruption in microbiome? Yeast?
- Salicylates? Only did Feingold diet for 2 weeks. May need to do for longer.
- A laughing seizure? No harm in getting an evaluation.
- Dr. Madiha: Could it be insulin resistance? Check fasting insulin and glucose. Try lowering amounts of grains, fruits and sugar for lower-glycemic effect. Look into the ketogenic diet for blood-sugar control.
- Dr. Madiha: Check for nutritional deficiencies. Detox with Epsom salts bath with lavender oil. Exercise to release excess energy.
- Shandy: Lavender oil may be high in salicylates but not sure. Could be the total load of salicylates over 3-5 days. Keep a food diary.
- Feingold diet page has more information about other issues that can be affecting sensitivity to salicylates such as PST, sulfur, SUOX and MTHFR.
- Son may also have histamine intolerance.
- Look at Nancy O’Hara’s info about detoxification:
- What Is Detox? 🤨
- What is it not?
- Detox is not about a pill, a binder, a chelator.
- ➡️ It is about changing the fight-or-flight response.
- ➡️ It is about allowing our bodies to restore their natural healthy processes.
- ➡️ It is about our support of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- ➡️ It is supporting the parts of our lifestyles that promote healing.
- When we have chronic inflammation, we need to first support health by:
So what does that mean?
That means before we can heal, and as we detox from our toxic world, before we can add the right nutraceuticals and herbals, we need to ensure that children are sleeping soundly, stooling daily, exercising and eating whole foods.
Every month in our teachings, we are discussing ways to do this.
We started with constipation and ways to get good nutrition into our children and we are going to be talking about sleep and mitochondrial support.
A two-year-old girl has been diagnosed with SJIA (Systemic-onset Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis) after a routine pediatric medical intervention. She was initially diagnosed with Kawasaki disease and was treated with IVIG and high steroids. She now is taking prednisolone, anakinra (a biologic) and amalpulimab (sp?, another biologic) and is now stable but needs a daily shot. Growth is now poor because of steroids.
- Success Story: Shepherd, healed from Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Look into homotoxicology, elimination diet and allergy-elimination techniques
How to get out of fight or flight?
- Dr. Madiha: HeartMath, StressCalm homeopathic remedy by Boiron, aromatherapy.
- Craniosacral therapy
- Reflex integration technique such as MNRI® Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration.
- De-stressing kids info page.
Child’s tics are triggered by sounds.
- Look into PANS/PANDAS/Lyme disease.
- Webinar Replay: Homeopathy for PANS/PANDAS.
- Suggested Book: Brain Under Attack.
- Look into applied kinesiology/muscle testing.
- Dr. Heather: “I think you need to go into the subtle.”
- Webinar Replay: Biomagnetism Therapy with Dr. Luis Garcia
- Dr. Madiha: Look into the Emotion Code book.
Daughter is 12 and has been gluten-free and dairy-free for 5-6 years. Thyroid panel is normal except for elevated TPO, which can be indicative of Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune disease. Child also has a learning disability.
- Dr. Madiha has healed from Hashimoto’s. Recommends book from Isabella Wenz. Look at other chronic infections.
- Autoimmune conditions
- Thyroid conditions
- Dr. Heather: Be sure to address adrenal issues before addressing thyroid.
Please remember to carry over conversations into the forum so that other people can learn from your experience.
The information in these calls and recordings is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please see our Disclaimer.